Sunday, November 8, 2015

Delusions of Grandeur

This morning the microwave stopped working. Again. The NEW one. The one we got only five months ago. I managed to save my receipt for it this time and I lugged it out to the car, loaded it in the trunk and took it back to the dreaded Walmart from whence it came. Sadly, because I did not purchase the protection plan when I bought the food cooker, the store couldn't give me any credit toward a new model or even exchange it for the same one.
(Disappointment.)
As if that wasn't enough, there was an ugly moment between the clerks as they each advised me as to just what I could do with my broken kitchen appliance. I accepted the advice First Clerk offered, Second Clerk glared at First Clerk, I waved awkwardly to both and left with my cart full of broken microwave and a heavy heart.
Is that the end of my tale? Of course not. I still needed a new microwave for F%*$ sake!  
(Fast forward through me putting the broken microwave in the car and heading back inside to the housewares aisle and through the part where I put the container of fried chicken in the microwave and sent a picture of it to my husband to show him how spacious our new WORKING microwave would be.)
In the end, I was able to procure a new (slightly less powerful and smaller) microwave for around $70, this time opting to buy the extended two-year warranty so I wouldn't have to go through this again in another five to six months. 
(Go, me! Getting shit done!)
I got home with the new microwave, wrestled it out of the box, put it on the cart and plugged it in. And absolutely nothing happened. No light, no flashing clock. NOTHING.
And do you know WHY nothing happened? Because unbeknownst to me, the circuit breaker had flipped. Which means that was the problem all along and not the shoddy craftsmanship of the people at Panasonic!
So yeah. I took my microwave for a walk today and now it has a friend.











2 comments:

  1. Boo on no free replacement, boo on the breaker, and yay for new friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgive me as I lmao. That is exactly something I would do.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers, get bent.



All others, thank you so much for your comments! ♥ Riki









Some Other Stuff I Wrote