Thursday, February 21, 2013

Where did he learn this shit??

At the store yesterday, the little boy in front of me got my attention.  I thought what a cutie he was as he helped his mother put the groceries up on the conveyor belt, which was quite a reach for his small arms.  He couldn't have been more than four years old. 
I was all set to compliment the mother on her helpful little man, when he took the plastic divider, held it in front of him and ran his hand up and down it and thrust his hips toward it like Steven Tyler with a microphone stand. 
He then pointed it at me like a rifle and "shot" me.  *pitchoo*
Then he did the same to the cashier, saying "You're dead".

I am rarely rendered speechless by preschool-age children, but in that instance I was completely dumbstruck.

O.o

4 comments:

  1. Well, it can't be MTV since I think I was a teenager the last time they actually played music videos sooooo YouTube? Either way, Mom dropped the ball on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure children have been playing like this forever. I remember playing cops and robbers and pretend shooting bad guys. So much emphasis is being put on this these days and I hope the pendulum doesn't swing against common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all well and good to say "children have been playing like this forever" but times have changed and forever is in the past. Sure we all played with guns back in the good old days, but these days give us Newtown and 4 children under 15 shot (separately)in subsidizing housing developments in Toronto over the past few weeks. As Graham Nash said "teach your children well". The Canadian Curmudgeon http://cdncurmudgeon.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Spammers, get bent.



All others, thank you so much for your comments! ♥ Riki









Some Other Stuff I Wrote