Saturday, August 4, 2012

This post should read "Results not typical."


I'm not sure how this happened, but...


In March, I wrote a post about Spring Fever and the urge to plant despite my tendency to kill green things.
After a couple of months, this is what became of those innocent little seeds that I shoved into some dirt and watered until they just couldn't take it anymore:




Catnip and cucumbers and petunias live happily together in the window box...
 They have climbed up and grabbed hold of the wind-chimes, silencing them.  (I may have to remedy that with a kitchen shears.)




Are you as shocked as I am?  I mean, look at those plants!  They're all...like, growing and junk. *shrugs incredulously*  I dunno.  I can assure you it wasn't intentional.  I watered the hell out of those things.  I don't know how anyone could survive that much attention with a hose.  (You totally went there, didn't you, you bunch of pervs.)


And still, despite the water-boarding...
See those?  Those are green beans.  Green beans!  I grew those!  (It makes me wish I liked green beans more than I do.)


I'm also growing oregano, basil and tomatoes which you can see in their little group photo.
I'm totally making pizza with this stuff.   Well, not with the green beans.  That would be gross.   I don't want to make herfy pizza. 


I take back what I said about my inability to grow green things.  Apparently, I DO have what it takes to garden.




Edited to add: OMG, wait.  Don't go. The CUCUMBER!  I forgot to show you the cucumber!  To all those I led to believe I couldn't grow something that wasn't housed in my uterus...check out this bad boy.



Suck it, Trebek.









4 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful what lots of sun and water can do??? Congratulations, Ms. Greenjeans!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol
    Good job! Unfortunately my snap peas and squash weren't so fortunate. They died slow and painful deaths.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm officially drumming you out of the "Black Thumb" club house. You're no longer welcome since you now have a "green thumb."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you still mail me the flyer? :)

      Delete

Spammers, get bent.



All others, thank you so much for your comments! ♥ Riki









Some Other Stuff I Wrote