Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pumpkin Custard SUCCESS!

Still not a food blog, but...

I made something else tasty and kind of pretty and took pictures of it and now it's a blog entry.  Voila.

I made pumpkin custard.  It's just like pumpkin pie without the crust.  I found the recipe HERE and made it without totally screwing it up.  Go me!  :)

It's really delicious, actually.  And the recipe is pretty low on the glycemic index, if you're trying to cut out simpler carbs.  I'm just saying.

Behold the nommiful pumpkin custard:



























7 comments:

  1. If you recall, I've been making this for years - save all the calories of pie crust and get all the yumminess of filling. Can do this with other types of pie, too. Go, girl!! (Mom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but it's more impressive if I make it look like I found it all by myself...with Google. Kind of like when I learned all that stuff in school that you had been telling me for years...

      Delete
    2. You mean like "my teacher said we should wash our hands before we eat?" Thanks for the acknowledgement, kiddo!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggle* Your comment already showed up in my email, Stephy. I trust you found the link to the yumminess in red? :)

      Delete
    2. yes :D sorry... didnt want to bother you...! maybe i shall try it one day... mwahahaha... I am a big eater... I eat non stop... and that looks and sounds super yummy!!

      Delete
    3. You never bother me! Oh, and if you try this, the garnish on the top was just a little extra agave nectar. It was muy muy tasty. If you're not concerned about carbs as much, you could also use honey to garnish, but I wouldn't use that to sweeten the whole custard as it would probably be a little TOO sweet. (Can there ever really be such a thing?)

      Delete

Spammers, get bent.



All others, thank you so much for your comments! ♥ Riki









Some Other Stuff I Wrote