Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dear Allie Brosh, I'm going to steal your readers...

Ever since I wrote this entry inquiring as to the whereabouts of my very most favoritest writer/cartoonist, I've gotten a lot (Alot) of traffic on that post.  People are searching it multiple times a day and landing on that page.   They're not looking for me, Allie.  They're looking for you and FINDING me.

It may seem cheap, but you know what?  I'll take it! 

I just wanted to let you know, that I'm planning to borrow those readers for a while.  Only until you come back.  You can have them back...provided that you can identify them.
 
Sure, I don't draw clever little cartoons and I don't have a dog that makes a whine like a jet engine, but I'll try my best to keep those folks entertained in your absence.  Maybe I'll post pictures of things that "almost" look like vulvae and call it "Suddenly Bajingo".   Maybe I'll just talk about how much the Intarwebs misses you. 

Maybe I'll use hypnosis and duct tape.

Anyway, I'll take good care of them, Allie.  I swear.



So, hello!  If you were led to this blog through a search for Allie Brosh, please stick around for a while and we can chat about how fabulous Ms. Brosh is and how very much we miss her unique brand of humor.

But first, look into this golden amulet...you're getting very sleepy...

No, no, keep looking at it...wait.  Where are you going?

23 comments:

  1. I've been here for two hours now. When are you going to snap your fingers and wake me up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to work on this hypnosis thing, don't I?

      Delete
  2. That's exactly how I found your blot. Might as well read some of your other posts while I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I hope they make you giggle beverages out your nose.

      Delete
  3. Gah. I meant to say "blog" instead of blot. Apparently my autocorrect doesn't think that blog is a word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not even a long-time Allie Brosh fan, and yet, here I am, simply because I want to know where she is as well! I was about to do an amazon search to see if she'd written that book, but after reading your post, looks like that'll be a waste of time.

    Let's hope she's publishing under a pseudonym and is still living a life that an excellent writer such as herself deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( I want me some Allie. :(
    Thank you for entertaining me though. Your site is quite nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann. I want me some Allie, too.

      Delete
  6. Google Searched for Allie Brosh, totally brought me to you. Well played person of the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking for Allie has gotten all Bobby Fischer-y. She's quite a genius and just needed a mental health break (or construct plans to dominate the world). Thanks for giving me a place to hang until the nwo take over begins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think nothing of it, DB. I like your hypothesis. (I hope she uses the Alot in her plan for world domination.)

      Delete
  8. In this day and age of twitter and four square and mylinkedfacespace etc, there must be more we can do to locate Allie! I was disappointed at first when she didn't post after the book announcement, but I figured she was just busy. Then she posted the Adventures in Depression entry which was entertaining, heartfelt, funny and, now that she hasn't posted for a while, a bit concerning. Even if Allie has decided to forsake her loyal fans and do something else with her life, couldn't someone somewhere at least let us know that she's okay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're saying what I'm thinking. I mean...she's got neighbors, right? Relatives? Dogs?

      I'm sure she knows we're concerned for her. I wish that was enough to get her (or someone) to update us on her status.

      Delete
  9. So I totally fell for that ploy-- searched for Allie and your blog came up on top of the google heap...
    now I can feel myself getting pulled in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Monty Burns style* Exxxxxxcellent.

      Delete
  10. I miss Allie, but I am enjoying your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss Allie :'(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just another trout, reeled in and flopping around the bottom of the boat. I linked Hyperbole and a Half to my website and decided to Google Allie, see if there was anything new and here I am. I echo Trishgoger...well-played!

    Good of you to warn Allie. Sincerely hope she is lurking somewhere, waiting for the right moment to spring out from under a rock somewhere, and yell...not sure what she'd yell. Fooled you Alot? Bad dogs?

    Anyway, now that I'm here, I'll go look around.

    Nice to have met you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Allie posted this on reddit about 6 months ago:

    http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/qov3p/does_anybody_know_what_is_happening_with_allie/

    That was the last communication I could find for her. I search for her Alot, but no luck for a while now. I miss her. But I'm happy to meet you and will be checking out your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers, get bent.



All others, thank you so much for your comments! ♥ Riki









Some Other Stuff I Wrote