Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Best Forking Spoons You'll Ever Buy.

I was browsing the kitchen stuffs on Ebay and ran across a listing for a set of multi-colored measuring spoons with a "buy it now" price of $1,043.46 

What an exorbitant amount for a set of measuring spoons! Surely there must be something else about them that makes them so special, like they're, oh, I don't know...magical...or made of Plutonium or just the best damned spoons you'll ever buy.

I had to know.  

So I asked the seller this question:  "Do these measuring spoons contain Plutonium? Is that why they're listed for so much? I'd like Plutonium measuring spoons..."


I patiently await his response...



...and I'm kind of hoping they're Plutonium.   


Update!  I got a reply.  It might be easier to just show you what was said, so I'll quote our correspondence here:

Subject: Details about item: RandomNinja sent a message about Farberware Color Measuring Spoons, Mixed Colors, Set of 5 #250989733747
Sent Date: Mar-14-12 21:27:07 PDT


Dear GuyWhoSellsSpoons,

Do these measuring spoons contain Plutonium? Is that why they're listed for so much? I'd like Plutonium measuring spoons...
- RandomNinja 


Dear RandomNinja,

Hello
It's a typo .
we will fix it shortly.
Thank you
"Sam"

-GuyWhoSellsSpoons



 Dear GuyWhoSellsSpoons,

Damn. I really could've used that Plutonium.

- RandomNinja





DearRandomNinja,

Responded

-
GuyWhoSellsSpoons

Clearly, GuyWhoSellsSpoons doesn't care about my Plutonium needs.  "Responded".   Indeed!

I was curious to see what the new asking price of these magical, wondrous spoons had been changed to, so I clicked on the link at the bottom of the email.   $1034.51!!   What the...?


I was not satisfied.  So I emailed him again: 





Dear GuyWhoSellsSpoons,

Wait. So now the buying price is $1,034.51?? I have to ask what the hell these spoons are really made of.

- RandomNinja
I haven't gotten a reply from this last yet, but when I checked the site ten minutes later it was $1031.53.  I think these things really must be made of Plutonium and he's just not being straight with me.

Now I HAVE to have them. Who can loan me a grand?






1 comment:

  1. You MUST keep us updated... I too would like some plutonium spoons. Or perhaps they are magical as you first guessed. I hope they make every farking thing you make turn out tasting fantastic, you know, more fantastic than even if you used regular spoons and measured perfectly to the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers, get bent.



All others, thank you so much for your comments! ♥ Riki









Some Other Stuff I Wrote