Monday, January 31, 2011

Sick Phuck

The story of my friend's plight as the very busy wife of a husband with a cold
(interpreted by yours truly).

*great hulking man beast bellows*

"Katie, HELP! Come quick!"

*Katie runs in* "WHAT?!"

"I just blew my nose into THIS Kleenex and it's all greenish and gross. LOOK!"

*shoves tissue at Katie*

"Yup, it sure is."

"Am I going to die? I don't FEEL good.” *whines* “Man, I think I need to lie down."

*genius of melodrama lies directly on the floor*

Katie: "Welp. *sigh* Is that all you wanted me for?"

"BUT... I'M DYING HERE!"

"Yeah, I can see that. *eyeroll* Look, I'm baking and taking care of your son and two dogs and cleaning and a number of other things so if you need me for anything else, I'll be in the kitchen."

“BUT—“

“Remind me what the doctor told you.”

*Pouting* “Drink fluids and get some rest.”

“And what else?”

*quietly* “Don’t be such a pussy.”

“Thank you. I’ll be in the kitchen.”


"Katie?

[pause]


Can you get me some juice?"




"No."

4 comments:

  1. Awesome interpretation, Yours Truly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just SEE it happening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god. I don't know you, but I had to post anyway (found your blog through the Daily Momtra link to the story about your daughter's splinter).

    My husband just went through two rounds of the same cold. One a week before we had our first vacation since we had our son, and one the week after we got back. This pretty much sums up what he sounded like.

    You know who was sick WHILE we were in Hawaii? Me. And our two year old. (Thanks for the germs, sweetie!) Did we survive? Yes. Did we act like big babies? No. Not even the baby did.

    How do we cure men of this ridiculous inability to be sick?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still say we should get into the tree poaching business. Looking good Sammy!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers, get bent.



All others, thank you so much for your comments! ♥ Riki









Some Other Stuff I Wrote